In recent months, as per the statistics, A huge number of applications are coming into the world of the metaverse. There have been quite a few industries where metaverse is becoming a mainstream technology. Metaverse aims to create an immersive experience for the users that are visually appealing and gives a user an experience like they are doing something in the real world. Although it has opened up a lot of opportunities for different industries, gaming is one such industry that is at the forefront of every other industry while adopting the Metaverse. Metaverse In gaming has opened up a variety of opportunities for the users, that we will be discussing in the coming section.
Before we deep dive into how Metaverse is bringing out new innovations in the world of gaming, let’s discuss a bit about Metaverse.
What is Metaverse?
Metaverse is a simulation of the real world that tries to connect people worldwide virtually and let them socialize and interact. Various companies building Metaverse try to leverage the various other emerging technologies like Blockchain, IoT, and Artificial Intelligence to build powerful applications of Metaverse.
Further Metaverse Can be categorized into two main categories.
Such metaverses are mostly controlled by the big tech giants, for example, Meta. There are huge success stories of Centralized Metaverses, such as in 2020, the big music artists like Ariana Grande and Travis Scott were able to get 12.3 million players in their virtual concert that happened inside a game called Fortnite. The centralization helps Metaverse in Gaming to adopt scalability quicker.
It leverages the concepts of Blockchain technology, the tech behind cryptocurrencies and principles of decentralization. Such Metaverses are completely controlled by their community or the people using them. The advantage of having decentralization is that it allows anyone to become part of it without any permission.
Metaverse in Gaming – A broad Overview
There have been significant innovations happening in the world of gaming. Before Metaverse in Gaming was introduced, A lot of players used to play various multiplayer games. But after the introduction of Metaverse and Blockchain, the gaming industry has completely changed. Now along with the multiplayer games, most gaming companies try to leverage concepts like cryptocurrencies and NFTs. Such concepts help in the tokenization of the assets for gaming in the metaverse.
Now gamers not only are bound to earn points in games but also money. As Metaverse in gaming opens up new opportunities for gamers to sell their in-game assets or yield more rewards from them. Gamers who are inclined towards such games can try exploring games like axie infinity metaverse.
How gaming in Metaverse looks Like Now?
As said before, the recent evolution happening in the gaming world has led to the birth of new metaverse games. A lot of players are now looking to enter into the Metaverse and experience the next-gen gaming world. For example, there are games like Sandbox Metaverse launched, where players can sell or buy user-generated content.
Moving forward, there are quite a few key features of implementing Metaverse in the Gaming Industry. Some of them are given below.
- Every player now gets a virtual Identity which represents their identity in the real world. Players can use their virtual Identity in Metaverse and live exactly how they live in the real world.
- Most of the Metaverse games introduce concepts like play to earn where players can do some basic tasks and earn rewards.
- Players can collaborate with their friends and play games inside the metaverse together.
- Metaverse games leverage AR and VR to give a more organic experience to the players which is quite similar to the real world.
- Players have the flexibility to move their assets from one game to another game in metaverse without any major efforts. Most of the games are interoperable with other games.
How to build games in Metaverse?
Metaverse Applications and games are still in the stage of infancy. If anyone wants to build games or applications in Metaverse it is quite essential to decide the features. This will help to decide on the Metaverse Platforms to start building with. Once the feature lock is done, the developers can begin building architectural designs for games or applications. Some of the platforms that can be utilized to start building are as follows.
Sandbox is the metaverse in the gaming industry, currently deployed on Ethereum Blockchain. Users can leverage its features to create their own in-game assets. The User experience of Sandbox is quite easy to understand, hence non-tech-savvy people can easily create, sell or use in-game assets available as the NFTs or Non-Fungible Tokens.
Recently, this platform has become quite famous as big brands like Forever 21, Dolce And Gabbana, and Estee Lauder did their virtual events. If you want to build the best experience for gaming in the metaverse, then this could be the best choice. As it allows developers to build Wearables and Scenes. Anyone who is interested in designing virtual wearables like clothes such as NFT can easily design them on this platform.
Anyone can build anything on Somnium Space, but the prerequisite is to have a LAND. Developers and designers can easily build assets on those lands by using a drag and drop tool. What makes it different from all other platforms is that, along with assets you can integrate audio and video into the assets for a next-level experience.
Like Sandbox, this platform is also available on the Ethereum Blockchain. Developers can build virtual stores, buy lands, create art galleries, and even avatars as NFT by leveraging its core features. It comes with its own Builder, called Voxel Builder to make the process easy for the developers to create 3D assets or graphics.
Technologies that make the development of Metaverse gaming seamless.
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies help to build decentralized Metaverse in Gaming Industry. This brings several benefits such as interoperability, transfer of value, digital ownership and collectibility. Cryptocurrencies can be utilized to trade, sell or buy assets in the Metaverse.
- AR and VR technologies give an opportunity to build a 3D experience for the users. You can use it to create virtual worlds that can be easily accessible on digital devices and smartphones.
- The Internet of Things is another technology that can be leveraged to obtain and use data from the real world. It could be useful to create a personalized experience for the users. For example, taking weather data from the real world and trying to create a simulation of it in the Metaverse
Metaverse opens up new opportunities for the people who are trying to bring revolution to the gaming Industry. Metaverse in Gaming not only involves only playing games but also building relationships and connections with the different users. And a lot of industries are looking to make investments for their employees, that give them the best remote working experience. It is Undoubtedly a revolutionary change in the tech world and virtual reality. Also talking about its future, A lot of opportunities are coming up for businesses and tech developers. If you want to build in Metaverse then this might be the right time.